Wednesday, May 20, 2009

17 / 84

Sorry I didn't post yesterday - I decided to have an allergic reaction to something and was scratching all day - fun fun.

A trip to the doctor, some anti histamines and some time and I am still itchy but much better than I was. Thank the good Lord!

Today I have spent a whole pile of time helping Mum declutter - Honestly it feels like we are throwing out so many things - sending more to the Op Shop and then when you turn around it's still as bad as before. It's all so hard!

I really want to make sure this place is ready to roll by the time I leave and I just don't see it happening which is so stressful! I try to convince Mum to just throw things out but there is so much emotional memorabilia that they just wont let go of. Then you have to find a way to store it. ARGHHHHH.

I'm just as bad. Seriously!

Although I have finally resigned myself to either selling off or dumping my old magazines. Cleo, Cosmo etc dating back as far as 1992 if not further. It would be good if I could find a great way to list them. I think the bin is probably the best option (Unless someone here is into magazines in a big way?)

I'm doing well on my shakes. Moving more and more every single day.
Only 8 sleeps till I get to see Jase now - I am so excited, It has been so hard to be apart from him yet again!

Oh my goodness - Must run Mum is cooking and it smells to good for me to hang around here.

3 comments:

Kate @ Loving Life said...

Hey Jadey... have you heard of Peter Walsh? He's a decluttering expert and has had some amazing things to say (I am a bit of a clutterer)... he has even found there to be a pretty strong link between being overweight and holding on to clutter... have a look at his book if you're out - http://www.peterwalshdesign.com/3books/3_1book/3_1book.html

Or on the oprah website for the slideshows and step by step of how he goes into peoples homes and gets rid of stuff. He is really amazing.

Just recycle the magazines - I did the same a few years back... I wasn't going to flip through them every again. Even though there was obviously so much money sitting there starting me in the face every time I saw the pile! Argh. Felt good to chuck - freeing!

Take care, Kate

Chris H said...

De-cluttering is good for the soul!
Allergies are not...
Hope you are feeling better now.
I have only had 1 allergic reaction (to medication) and it lasted a month, I had to have injections (ikky) to reduce the inflammation. NOT NICE.

Unknown said...

Agree with Kate! Recycle them.

BF#1 actually recycled all of my old Slimming etc magazines. I wanted to cry! But now I realise it HAD to be done