Friday, April 18, 2008

Random Thoughts



After a few days on Lite n Easy I'm fairly happy. I felt starving the first day and I have had my hunger patches and cravings. I have noticed that they aren't as frequent as normal and that is probably because I constantly know where my food is from and I am eating quite regularly.




The food is quite nice. The frozen meals actually have quite alot of flavour in them. I was very suprised and so were my tastebuds. Tonight I ate Braised Lambshanks and Vegies. Divine! Almost as good and as tender as you would get in any restaurant. And alot better than my last homecooked effort.




I have had a couple of meetings with work and I'm not entirely happy with the outcome but at the moment I am going to swallow and pick my head up and head back in. I hope there are some changes made. I'll be keeping a journal and there are eyes on them now.




I have also been offered feedback on my last interview AND offered another interview for the assistant managers position. I have hopeless interview skills if anyone can help me there. I can seem to sell anything BUT myself.




I am also very aware of the fact that they may have offered me an interview to placate me with no intention of offering me a position regardless. It's all very nerve wracking so all prayers and fingers crossed are very much welcome.




I have the rest of the weekend off so we are trying to figure out what to do with that as a family since it's so rare for all of us to be free at once. I hope everyone here has a great weekend.

7 comments:

Kek said...

Interviews: First you need to know what they're looking for- do they publish selection criteria or key areas you need to address?

Once you know the key qualities they want, you can then think back and find examples of jobs/projects etc that you've done that demonstrate that you have the necessary skills. WRITE THEM DOWN. Keep it concise, and make your point - no waffling.

Read them and rehearse them, over and over, so that when you get to the interview, you can speak convincingly about whatever these examples are.

Then in the interview, regardless of what questions they ask you, get your points across (make like a politician doing a media interview - bugger what the reporter asks, say what you planned to say all along). Be sure to answer the questions, but make your examples fit the questions they ask.

Everyone gets nervous in job interviews, but a good interviewer will make allowances for a few ums and ahs, especially if you can demonstrate that you have the goods.

I've learned a few things from sitting on both sides of the table in job interviews. :o)

Kathryn said...

Ha, Kek's covered most of what I had to say. Rehearse as much as you can and definitely with the examples.

Good luck.

Chris H said...

Kek said it all.... so I will just say: hope ya have a neat weekend with your family mate.

cranky said...

I can help you with the interview - call me chick. BD

Em said...

Sorry hun can't help you out with interviews never had one :0

I would love to try lite and easy but just don't have the cash for it so I have been slaving in the kitchen burning pots LOL

Hope your enjoying your family time and that your work issues aren't interfering with your time off!
Em:)

Ali said...

i hate interviews, so cant help ya there sorry..

i like my way, desperate hospitals = no interview!

so what did you all do as a family, aside form cleaning out the pantry! ;o)

The Candid Bandit said...

Honey, as far as selling yourself goes, try a few mantras from now until then. Even while you are driving in your car. Smile, fill up your heart with a smile and repeatedly say the same phrases. It may feel cheesy (but absolutely worthwhile) but say things like "My interview goes smoothly and they love my answers"

More importantly, start believing in YOU. "I am a terrific Assistant Manager!" The more you say it to yourself, the more your subconcious will believe it, I promise you.