Saturday, April 12, 2008

Dave Hughes is Cranky!


Yesterday I rested up all day in preparation for something I had been waiting to do for a year! Go and see Dave Hughes Live!

Last year a few bloggers all got together to see X Rated Muppets which was awesome but Hughsey had sold out. Remembering the risks of that happening again as soon as tickets went onsale I sent out a text message and booked us all in.

Unfortunately I wasn't 100% on the night but I had a good time anyway. It was so great to catch up with Ails, Linda, Beck and Scott. All looked fabulous! And Hughsey was great! I wasn't disappointed in a single aspect of his show. It was only 70 minutes (so ok I was disappointed it wasn't longer) but after the show he came out and had photos with us and everything which was awesome of him.

After the show everyone seemed to have differing agendas. I was hoping we'd all grab some dinner but some had dinner already others weren't hungry some were heading out to other plans. Maybe next time I should be more organised. But it was briliiant all the same to catch up.

I ended up ducking around the corner to the Steamed Bun place and had some buns on the way home in the car. Then I was all tucked up in bed before it was too late. I couldn't sleep though because my room got painted yesterday. I was sleeping in the spare room but it was way too close to the paint.

I'd love to see some more of the comedy shows. If only time allowed.

You know I noticed something about me last night. When we were getting photos with Hughsey I was determined not to stand in front of the camera. So I stood behind them when really I could have stood beside Beckie and been normal. Not me though. I don't want to look fat. I mean shit I am fat. If I don't want to look fat in photos perhaps I should Lose Weight! What a novel concept. I'll work on how to do that right after this chocolate bar.
Idiot.

Oh well. Maybe one day I'll get motivated to do something and make up my mind what. I'm thinking lite n easy. Maybe. I'm making no promises and no plans at this stage. Slack? Yes. Honest? Yes.

I'm back at work on Monday but then I also have to see a surgeon Monday afternoon so I don't know how I'm going to juggle it all. Having a few problems there at the moment with unreasonable expectations. I'm guessing one will no doubt be that I should be at work on Monday and cancel my surgeons appointment. (Not going to happen) Wish me Luck!

2 comments:

Monnie said...

good luck at the foot doctor

And do Lite N Easy.....its something you never have to think about as the food is already done for you

and the food is really quite nice to

The Candid Bandit said...

It was beautiful seeing you again. I'll upload those pictures as soon as I can.

Lite and Easy - I love it and would do it all the time if I could afford it. The first time I did it I lost 12kgs in 9 weeks (from memory).

The second was successful too but I can't, for the life of me remember how much I lost.