Sunday, April 6, 2008

Home Sick




I've been slowly trawlling through all of your blogs over the last few days with some of the extra time on my hands. I have a throat infection which means I can't talk so the computer has been brilliant for some communication.

I haven't commented on everyone's blogs but rest assured I have been there. (Or I will have been by the end of tonight)

I've either been on my lappy, been watching tv or sleeping since Friday. I just have absolutely no energy.

I love my laptop! Best present I've had in ages.

I miss catching up with you all like we used to. I can not wait until next week when a few of us are getting together to go see Hughsey at the comedy festival. It's so exciting. I haven't had a proper social night in donkeys! I hope I'm back to 100% by then so I can fully enjoy the evening.

I have an appointment with a new surgeon next week too so I am hoping that I get some good news or at least get myself put onto the waiting list. At the moment my progress is terrible. My private health insurance will kick in before I get to see outpatients and get onto the waiting list. Anyone up for a fundraiser so I can go private? LMAO

In the last couple of weeks I've seen Jase a couple of times. He arrived along with another mate of ours Nick on Good Friday for the Easternats. It's an annual event for us (suprise suprise at easter?) It is one of the first places we have shown our new business name. Previously known as Drift King Photos we have rebranded now to Motor Sport Fotos. (Photo below is from last year)


It was a bit of a different event this year too as normally it's run over 3 days and this time it was just Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately by Monday Jase & Nick were on their way back home and I was back at work (yes on Easter Monday). We are all hoping it goes back to the 3 day format next year. After all possibilities are that we will all be travelling from Sydney for it (Mum and Dad included).




But on Friday we were both on a plane (seperate planes) to meet up in Perth for Simmo and Rob's Wedding. He arrived earlier than me and was waiting for me in the airport lounge with a huge hug and kiss.

The toilets at the bagage collection area had been closed and I had to go back into the security area to use the loo. Why is it only when you are in a hurry that they want to pull you aside for testing? I got pulled across for the explosives test while I danced and crossed my legs. So embarressing.
We were down in Mandurah and stayed at the Lovely Ocean Marina Chalets. The owner was so lovely and always keen for a chat. We basically rested up on Friday and prepared for the wedding. Jason was doing the video for the wedding and we had lost the tripod mount so we went in search of one of those. And I was doing some supplementary photographs.

It is such a beautiful place! Perth and Mandurah both. It's so green as everyone seems to have access to bore water. Only issue with that being that they are frequently not drilling down far enough and the water is staining everything a rust colour. Everything! And it does make it look horrible. Other than that I was so impressed that it was so clean. The roads are excellent. The water is the most amazingly bright spectrum of blues and greens. Like something out of paradise. And the people so polite and friendly and so Okker Australian! It's unbelieveable but definitely the perfect place to take someone from overseas to experience Oz.

I will definitely try and make an effort to visit more often.

The wedding on Saturday was out at Fairbridge Village which is a historical village in Pinjarra. It was so hot I was dying in the church so I really felt so much for Simmo and Rob and the boys as I had my own pool running down my back. Luckily the bridesmaids were in a sleeveless knee length dress so they would have been more comfortable.


After the wedding we headed out to the river in Pinjarra and I hung around for a bit to talk to the boys about their cars before deciding to follow the party down to the river for photos. As I was putting my camera together I was unlucky enough to watch what seemed to be a rather sizeable drug deal happen within 5 metres of me. I kept my head down and kept walking until I heard the car drive off, then I freaked out and did a u turn because I couldn't see the group anymore and went back to the boys and their cars to ask if they'd seen that. So dodgy I was quite scared and pretty glad that a) They left b) I didn't live locally and c) I was using a hire car.

The reception followed at Redcliffe Barn. (At least I think that's what it was called) It was a stunning location. Half undercover half outdoors with a bar and a really cute barman....... Oops I mean a temporary dancefloor and DJ.

The weather was perfect, it didn't get too cold at night and the food was also great.

We finished off with some photos down at the marina and got home at like 1:30am (3:30am East Coast Time) so as you can imagine we both fell into bed.

Sunday we had brekky at one of the local cafes near the boardwalk and then caught up with the Bride and Groom. We all headed out to Simmo's folks place for a bbq before Jase and I left to head into Perth for a catch up with some of my Family. My Uncle, Aunty and Cousin. I see my uncle maybe once a year but have only met my cousin and aunty 3 times in my life so it was so lovely to be out having dinner with them. They are such lovely people and they got to meet Jase as well which was awesome.

We followed up with something I remember from my last visit to perth when I was 14. Gelare ice cream. OMG as yummy as I remember. Their Choc Chip Cookie Dough is like no other.

Monday I was sad to pack up and head home. It did help that the weather had turned stormy though. Although from the Bride and Grooms apartment by the beach watching the storm over the water was so cool. I was happily thinking it was all cool until I realised I had to fly in it!

I'm not a fan of flying in rain let alone stormy conditions and I had every right to be fearful this time.

On take off we struck the worst turbulence I have ever experienced and it went on for the whole ascent. 25 minutes worth of what felt like the plan falling out of the air bucking from side to side and doing all sorts of weird things. I was looking for the chuck bag but my seat didn't have one which put me in more panic.

People were screaming and crying and everything. It was horrible.

But thankfully we arrived safe and sound in Melbourne none the worse for wear.

Back at work this week and I'm off again sick this time. Back to the Doctor tomorrow cause it's not getting much better.

I hope everyone is well!



12 comments:

Ali said...

you know i was going to say you should update in your fragile state, and what do you know you have! :O)

the photos look gorgeous, i've never been to perth, but i think i might have to add it to the list of places to visit..

hope you're feeling better now, it's horrible when you lose the ability to talk.. though if it brings you to update! ;o)

have a great night out with all the melb bloggers! no doubt it will be a night of laughs

Ali said...

oh and do i see a possibility of you moving to sydney in there?
see that fits right in there with me!

Jules said...

Wow, what a gorgeous reception venue, it looks so warm and inviting with all the lights.

Chris H said...

Beautiful wedding photos! sorry you are unwell chick. I hate flying ... full stop end of story, if I had been in that plane I would have been terrified! UGGGH

Chris H said...

RE: your comment, what herbal remedies did your Mum use??? Now you have me shittin me pants!!! I have only taken ONE of those pills so far! Maybe I should take no more???? Surely if they were dangerous they would not be on the market???

Pip said...

Hey Jadey!

Thank you for my blog update!

YES, must make sure we catch up next time you're in Perth! Would LOVE to meet you!

Pinjarra and Mandurah! Both are places I'm really familiar with!

Glad you had a great time at the wedding.

Sorry about the turbulance, - um scary! Hope you are starting to feel better now!

Pip xoxox

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hope you are feeling better soon jadey.. love the photos... what a beautiful wedding...
Will that be you and jase soon???

Cat said...

get better soon luv, a throat infection sounds horrendous. Hope it's all good news from the surgeon too :)

LBTEPA said...

Oh mate you have been in the wars :( take care and get well soon :)
BTW you know I had the ankle reconstruction last June? I'm training for my first full marathon this July - if you need one, you will make a full recovery, don't worry

LBTEPA said...

Oh mate you have been in the wars :( take care and get well soon :)
BTW you know I had the ankle reconstruction last June? I'm training for my first full marathon this July - if you need one, you will make a full recovery, don't worry

Kathryn said...

Good to see you updating again, even if it is in crappy sick circumstances. Hope you get the health issues sorted soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?