Saturday, January 5, 2008

What a Weekend!



The weather is sweltering !

I bet more than a few of you have spent time down at the beach today. I know the people that had appointments with me at work were there and not in the gym with me. Hahaha.

I'm still working on my NY resolutions. I am getting further and further with them though. And I have started swimming and I have started increasing my water intake again. The weather is a definite help and the cordial is the perfect assistant. I really find it hard to drink plain water so I stocked up on bottles of no added sugar cordial. Makes it more appeasing to drink, especially after an hour or so in the freezer.

And you can see I am starting to get my goals and rewards happening as well.

There's a cool change about to come through though apparently which will mean it'll be about 10°C cooler. I'll still be sleeping with my fan on. In fact I'm considering sleeping on a blow up bed I just bought in the middle of the living room where there's an air con.

I spent some time outside in my new hammock. Ok it's not actually new but it's been sitting in a bag in my rumpus room for months! I finally got dad to put it up and it's so nice. I remembered the aeroguard but apparently forgot my feet. DAMN THEY ARE SO ITCHY!!!!! I've got some Tiger Balm and SOOV on them to try and settle them a bit. Bites on hands and feet are the worst.

I finally weighed in on Thursday. It took quite a bit for me to get on those scales. The result. 114.7kgs. I'm so upset! This isn't the heaviest I have ever been but it is heavier than when I started trying to lose weight back in 2005 when I weighed in at 114.5kg.

But I'm hoping to keep a downward trend from now. I'm not looking for big losses at the moment especially being that there is so much on and so much to do. But I would like to see the numbers drop somewhat.

One of the rewards I've set will hopefully see me out learning to Kite Board in a months time. Does anyone else want to learn with me? It's not cheap but OMG it looks fun. Looks like a damn good workout as well. (See photo at top)

I hope you are all having a great weekend. Thanks so much for following me. I know private blogs can be the most annoying thing in the world. I will probably go back to an open blog. Let me know if you find this a hassle.

10 comments:

KJ Photography said...

You'll kick butt Jadey. If you put your mind to it, you can achieve whatever you want.

Thanks for the advice too about changing. I was always going to go to Fitness First Cronulla / Woolooware, but an offer from Sylvania pushed up WHEN that was going to happen.

Kym's Challenge said...

Goals and reward look exciting. I would love to Kite Board but being in Brissy its a bit far for me to come. Don't forget to post pictures when it happens.
Kym

Pip said...

Thank you heaps for letting me in Jadey!

I think 2008 may be the year for you! You can do it!

Pip

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hi ya Jadey... I dont find private blogs a hassle in the least.. i have the links all in my sidebar marked with an asterix that they are private ones and because I am signed into my own blog to post etc I just click on the links from my side bar and there I am... (right click and open in new window) easy peasy...
You are so going to kik arse with the weightloss Jadey... I have 100% confidence in you....

Em said...

God hun it's no hassle, you do what suits you i reckon :)
Well i reckon your doing alright, so what you back in the 100's who cares! Your doing something about it so i say more power to you :)
Just keep it all simple make it so you can't fail and then when you see yourself powering through with ease up the anti!
I know you can do it hun :)
Em:)

The Candid Bandit said...

Private blog is fine doll. It's what keeps you the happiest, most authentically you and allows your the freedom to speak about real issues.

The kiteboarding looks like a scream. Unfortunately I need to keep high risk activities at a minmum ;)

I saw your comment on Ails post and wanted to say that I remembered you wanted to be invited to New Years in Bendigo but Scott and I only literally decided to go out that night and had Bradman and the girls weren't going to go out at all til deciding that day. They actually rang me at 11pm that night and we met up.

Trust me, at this stage, next year will probably be my first opportunity to drink and let my hair down so we will be making plans for New Years here then and you will get a heads up!

Jules said...

I don't find it a hassle at all.

Kite boarding looks wicked but how will if fit with your sore ankles/?

Kek said...

Good start Jadey - far better to gradually ease into things than to rush headlong into something you can't sustain.

The kiteboarding looks great! Not for me though....apart from hating heights, I'm a little far from the sea...

Have fun with it!

Cat said...

kiteboarding looks like a riot! If i were closer I'd definitely go in on it with you wooo! You'll have to blog all about that experience and let us live vicariously through you! nice ;)

Tiffany said...

thats a interesting reward jadey! always the one going for adventure eh, if its not walking down a wall its doing something else new ;) good on ya!