Thursday, January 10, 2008

Weighed In 114.3kgs


Yay! Small successes continuously = big results.

My first check in was at 6am this morning. Soooooo early because somehow I have managed to snaffle some early slots with my friend Sanjay the personal trainer. Wonders will never cease! He is always so busy.

So I stumbled out of bed and hit the scales willing to accept whatever they had to say and work my modifcations from there. I was so happy when they came up with a loss. 400grams isn't much especially for a first week but it's less than I weighed last week and less than I weighed in at during the week (when the scales peaked at 115kg).

Then I got dressed and toddled off to work to get my training done nice and early. Thank God because I complained about being hot in the air conditioning when it was 24°C outside. Later this afternoon when the temperature peaked at over 40­°C and the air con died I was so happy not to be one of the people training upstairs.

Did a fairly good workout. Not much took alot out of me due to my own inactivity of late but I was so happy all day to have done my workout and be on track. And as a result I've eaten 100% all over again!

This past week I just concentrated on getting started again. I bought bathers and hand flipper thingos, and made sure I got in the pool. Then I backed that up by making sure I was training with Sanjay and booked in for the rest of the month. I also increased my water intake from nothing to 3 litres which I have maintained even during the cooler weather. Cleaned up my eating and I've cut back on the treats. In fact haven't had any the last 2 days.

This week it will be all about swimming, training with Sanjay 3x, drinking lots of water 3+ litres and cutting back further on the treats.

Now I'm kicking back in my hammock with a glass of juice and some aeroguard and just relaxing cause Fri and Sat are going to be my weekend.

I hope you are all doing well. I might have some updates for the blogroll here soon I hope.

14 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Well done on the loss... and I agree with you...small losses are the best... more sustainable...

The Candid Bandit said...

In actual fact, when you weighed in last week, you were consuming no water, now you are having 3 litres a day? That immediately ups your weight 3 kgs.

So I would be very confident in saying that last weeks starting weight would have been you almost dehydrated and add 3 kilos to that.

In reality, you probably had a 3.4 kg loss this week. Congratulations in any case!

The Candid Bandit said...

P.S. Im SO glad you chose to update your old blog to tell us you updated this one. It saves on endless checking and also missing anything.

Kathryn said...

Well done, it's hard getting back into it but so worth it. The hammock sounds like the place to be atm.

Chris H said...

You are on a roll already, I can feel it! Well done on the loss, small steps.

Jules said...

Good stuff Jadey.

You'll be pleased to know I have bought myself a black workout top and some litte black shorts to take my before photos in, you have inspired me girlfriend. Posted soon on Gluten Free Geisha.

Em said...

Fantastic loss hun :)
The scales/numbers don't make you the lovely chicky that you are! So remember that or i will have to come down there and give you a good boot :)
Keep up the good work hun, it will get easier and easier :)
Have a fantastic weekend :)
Em:)

Kek said...

GREAT start, Jadey! And I'm glad to see you giving yourself credit for the things you did well. :)

Cinders said...

Good start Jadey :)

Tina said...

Thanks for the invite Jadey. I am in the exact same place you are and I tell you there is no way I am putting photos of me out there.

Well done on your first loss. I agree with Beckie. In reality it was probably more.

We can do this together.

Anonymous said...

A small loss is a good loss!! slow and steady wins the race!! im back into it all today!! i need to keep going!!!

have a good one!!

Ails said...

Well done for having the courage to get back on the wagon! And that loss this week is great too!

I can read your determination through your words and I have no doubt that your focus will be steadfast as the weeks/months tick by.

Hey, care to do the 1000 Steps together when the weather cools down???

Cat said...

cripes woman when you're back, you're back with sass ;) well done! Gotta love that snowball effect hey?

Tiffany said...

congratulations on your loss! ;) its all steps in the right direction!!