Monday, March 30, 2009

My Life On the Couch



Ok so not quite really but a lot of it is.




Last Monday I got out to the doctors and got myself some new pain meds. Unfortunately I get the feeling that these pain meds are causing nausea and vomiting which hasn't been fun. Can't complain too much though becase they have been keeping me out of pain for the most part.




I am still sufferng awful muscle spasms and cramps which is killing me when they hit. Absolutely nothing I can do about it except try to stay still and not scream too loud and ride it out. I have been taking magnesium to try and help the situation but no luck thus far.





I went to Southland last week and bought a "My Wedding Organiser" folder from Kikki K along with some wedding sticky notes with matching pen and heart shaped paper clips. Geez I love stationary. The folder has different tabs so that you can tear out clippings etc that you want to use for inspiration and have everything in the one place. I can see this being very valuable, IF I can bring myself to tear pages out of magazines.




I had to get my crutches repaired because the rubbers broke which was annoying. I am getting better on them. Still wouldn't like to travel much further than the length of my house but I am improving. I can't say enough how much my Mum means to me, She has done absolutely everything to help me and I love her so much! Even basics like getting ssome pants on or getting in the shower is stuff I can't do without her. I need to organise a present of some kind for her.




On Dad's day off last week the 3 of us trekked out to the movies to see Duplicity with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. It's a pretty good movie and thankfully parent safe. But if we do that again I have to remember to get a backrow seat. Getting down to our seats was FAR from easy.


Not much else has been happening other than reading blogs, catching up on forums, reading wedding magazines etc.





11 comments:

Kate @ Loving Life said...

Sounds like you're having a very quiet time. I hope the muscle spasms and pain settles down soon!

I LOVE kikki K, it's probably one of my fave shops of all time!

Hope you're feeling more like yourself soon, K x

Tina said...

How exciting to be planning a wedding. So much to look forward to.

I hear you about the cramps. I used to get them a lot and it is so cruel. Worse for you though.

We saw Dupicity a few weeks ago and thought it was a good storyline. Bit of a twister!!

Chris H said...

Bugger about the pain you are in... hope it subsides soon.
Can't wait to see and hear all about your wedding plans!
Thanks for a tip about where to find a rubber thimble.

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for your comment on my blog.

Guess what? I have the exact same wedding organiser file! My sisters bought it for me for Xmas. Very cool.

I want some of those tags though!

Bummer about the spasms and cramps, hope they settle down for you soon.

Em

Little Fat Duck said...

Hang in there babe! Just think of this as a resting up time, before the crazy fun of the wedding starts! Youll be all recharged and rejuvenated :o)

I lurve stationary! Its a beautiful planner! Im going to have to go to that Kikki K shop next time im in Melb. Ive had a look online and was impressed, but i think the experience of physically going in to a shop like that would be cool too :o)

Hope the muscle spasms settle down soon. we are praying for a speedy recovery :o)
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Have you checked out the off beat bride tribe yet? Love them! Wedding planning is fun!!!

Shaggs said...

You poor girl! You must be bored out of your brain and cramps under a cast!! Ouch! I'm addicted to any specialty shops - stationery, craft, hardware, art supplies, storage, kitchen equipment anything! I know I've bought from a specialty shop when I never actually use what I bought! I do love Kikki k though! Have fun organising that wedding!

Em said...

Hope the spasms settle down for you hun

Cant wait to hear more on the wedding planning :)

Em:)

Anonymous said...

http://offbeatbride.com/obt

Hi Jadey, here is the link to OBBT. YOu have to "apply" to become a member, no biggie, I was accepted within 30 minutes. More to keep unwanted vendors trying to flog their wares. Awesome site if you need inspiration that's a little different, & also if you are having trouble with other people wanting you to do stuff you dont want to!! Hope you find it as interesting as I do!

Amy said...

Hey Jadey, I'm amy83 on EW and gypsy.landslide on WC (just to be difficult) :)

Hope you heal up real quick!

Miss Coops said...

Hey sweet hope your ok and your leg isn't hurting to much xx