Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm Alive!!!

Yes truly I am. Although until late today I would have told you I wasn't this past week.

I finally had my first Ankle surgery last week. Was supposed to be good to go almost straight away just kept in overnight for my own comfort. However I spent 5 days in hospital in the end. I just didn't bounce back so good, then one major muscle spasm through my leg on Saturday morning almost killed me!




Today I had my cast changed and I am sure that my old one had a lump in it that was rubbing on the wound because this afternoon I am so much more comfortable and a totally different person!
So I haven't got all that much to tell. I arrived in Melbourne last week in time for the operation and spent some time with Mum and Dad getting everything ready for when I got home and doing everything I would need to do for awhile. Leaving Jase in Sydney was hard. I cried. I admit I am such a sooky lala.
Storm has come down with me and thankfully her and Trigger are friends more often than not. Knackers doesn't cope with the both of them though. He's getting on a bit. Storm cracks it with Trigger occassionally because she's sore in her older age and less patient also. But overall it's been ok. They love to play tug.
I'm going to be in Melbourne until after Easter and I am hoping at some stage I feel up to catching up with a few blogger friends.
Anyway I have a hell of a lot of blog reading to catch up on. Forgive me if I don't comment. I rarely do. I'll try to make an effort. But I am definitely reading :)

6 comments:

Kate @ Loving Life said...

Oooh, glad you're ok, sounds very painful!

I hope you have a swift recovery!

Look forward to catching you at one of the meets :)

K x

Little Fat Duck said...

Yowch! Hope that you are recovering faster now that they have changed the cast. Take care of yourself :)

Nola said...

sounds like it was the cast giving you a lot of the problems....anyway...problem solved now:)
Glad to hear you are feeling much better.

Tina said...

Jadey, I lost your blog when my computer crashed a couple of months ago and just found you again. I have kept up with things on facebook but just wanted to drop by to say hi and I hope you are on the mend.

Margaret said...

It does sound like there was something dodgy with the first cast. I am so happy for you that this one is better.

Enjoy the time you have in Melbourne and if you can catch up with bloggers that would be great!

I will catch up with you when you are back in Sunny Old Sydney :) *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hi Jadey! Catching up on blogs only to learn you've had surgery!! Glad to hear you are coming along. Take care...you'll be up-n-at-em in no time!

Best,

Vickie