Thursday, March 5, 2009

He finally did it!

My boy proposed!


It was sooo romantic! Let me tell you a little story.


Saturday night February 28th was Jason's 40th Birthday party. We had about 40 - 45 of our friends here to help him celebrate this milestone with a spit and salad and desserts.


I thought we'd cut the cake before dessert so we could serve it all up together and bought it out for him. He's a boob man so I made him a booby cake.




Well after blowing out his candles and cutting the cake he was saying his thank you's because we had alot of help to pull the whole party off. I had never organised anything like it before so the help was truly appreciated by all. Then he said who else have I forgot oh Jadey.



He said I have no idea how to thank her for everything she's done and in mostly putting up with me for the last 2808 days. I was like what have you been counting???



Tiny yelled out "You could ask her to marry you!"



Jase said no no. Tiny said "Dude I did it, it's not that bad"



Jase said "I'm broke dude I can't afford it. Look I've got $30 in my pocket that's all" Then he turned to our friend Simon who's a jeweller and said "Simon what can you do for $30?"



Simon thought he could look after us, took the $30 and left and I was like err I think that's our last $30 and I thought it was supposed to go to Nick to pay him back for ice. So Jase was saying how he wishes he could afford the ring I wanted and how he thinks he's lost the $30 when a box came back.



And in that box was another box. And I was gobsmacked. And in that box was the ring. He said "Will you go round with me" and I started blubbering. He slid it on my finger as I kissed him and hugged him and cried and kissed him and hugged him sore more. And people were like did she say yes?

He says to me, "well you haven't said yes yet" So I finally managed to squeak it out.

Isn't he romantic ???

18 comments:

Chris H said...

OH MY GOD!!!! What a gorgeous ring, and for only $30! SCORE! All joking aside.. A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS Jadey!!! Much love from across the ditch.

A Healthier Happier Me said...

Jadey that is so fantastic!! Congratulations to you both.... yay a wedding to plan!!

Glad to see you're blogging again, i have been checking in every now and then to check.

xxx

superstar said...

wow that is great! Congratulations!!!!!

Ali said...

I'm so excited for you both!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Jadey!! Love the ring.

Kathryn said...

Congrats!! The ring is beautiful

Kate @ Loving Life said...

That is so cool Jadey... what a surprise for you! The ring is a bit hideous tho! ;) NOT! So gorgeous.

Congratulations to you both!

And what a cake! You could do a repeat for the wedding!!! Hee hee!

K :)

Andrea said...

Oh how romantic! Congratulations!

Kim said...

Congrats again sweetie.

Just a quick question - I may have asked u this in the past but was wandering if you could forward me the name of a master nail tech here in Townsville?

Thanks in advance

Kim

Jules said...

Awww, aren't boys too cute sometimes?? So obviously rehearsed by the three of them, what funny boys.

Congrats again,you deserve all the happiness in the world.

KJ Photography said...

Congratulations Jadey!!! :)

So happy for you.

Shawn said...

Awesome! xox

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jadey!!! That is the sweetest proposal! Beautiful ring!

All the best,

Vickie

Nola said...

How romantic...beautiful ring too!!! Congratulations:)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

green ink said...

Oh wow....lovely story!! So very very happy for you darl!!

Amy said...

Hey Jadey, I just saw your name on the easy weddings forum and realised I hadn't seen any posts of yours for a while... have now realised I didn't have this site on my RSS feed... anyway congratulations! :)

Planning a wedding is a pain in the arse I'm discovering. So much to think about!

beetricks said...

*cries*

That's FANTASTIC my little Jadey!!! If you need any help organising your wedding let me know - now we HAVE to meet so I can show you my fantastic 6 page boxed invites that cost us $900 in stationary to make (65 of them). It was the one thing I was determined to have!

Have you got a photographer yet? I used to shoot weddings so can recommend some if all your mates are car heads! :P

So excited for you!!!!

Have just caught up on heaps of blogs and was so happy to see so many posts from you!

CALL ME! You still have my mobile number, yeah????? I have a new blog and a new name (had to ditch the old one due to stalkers but I'm sure you know who this is!) Will FB you just to make sure!!!!