Saturday, January 3, 2009

So What Worked?

I have been a bit nostalgic recently looking back at photos where I had successes with my weightloss so I thought it might be a good idea to look back at my most successful times and figure out what worked.

So Far I have figured out that
* I set weekly goals as well as over all "challenge" goals and NY resolutions
* I blogged regularly
* I participated on forums ALL the time

* I lived my life AROUND my training (I quit a job once because they wanted me to come to work an hour earlier which is when I had my PT booked in)

* I had regular rewards set up for weightloss

* I enjoyed free days but kept myself on track the rest of the week

* I weighed in every day first thing in the morning after going to the toilet and having a shower

* I did different workouts (1000 steps frequently)

* I trained with my Mum and with Friends (Shared the cost of a PT and did 1000 steps and other things together)

* I had a great support system (I miss my Mum!)
* I never let excuses overide my accomplishments


So figuring I would rather look like this (Left) than this (Right) I am going to try and get back some of my habits of old. (Even Storm was skinnier!)






So hopefully you will see me here a little more often as I step back into lifes patterns that carry me forward in a more positive manner. Today I started a "challenge" at www.weareslimming.com.au and I am still continuing with Precision Nutrtion. I am starting to catch up on assignments where I am drastically behind.
In saying that my weekend has been rubbish. Bah. Put it behind me and start from NOW.

9 comments:

Chris H said...

Sweetie, YOU CAN DO IT... you know what ya have to do... be brave and suck it in.... and get to it!!!

Lucinda said...

You've done it before Jadey! You'll bloody well do it again!
x

Jules said...

Wow, what an overwhelming difference in the look on the faces in those two photos. You definitely look happier in one of them!!

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Hey You ... We have to get back on the horse ... out of the past 4 days ... I have had two good and two bad ... today was oh so bad! Let's start kicking each other in the arse ... shall we? Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jadey! Sounds like you have a good plan!!! I'm catching up on PN assignments, too. Hang in there; I'm right here with ya!

Vickie

maria said...

I truly believe you can do it. The beginning, getting back into any kind of groove will be the hardest. It's then when your efforts don't seem to amount to much and if you're tempted to let it all go pear-shaped you don't have that far to fall then it's too easy to go "oh whatever".

But trust me.. you have to start somewhere. Start mimicking your old habits. Even if not all at once.. just put into place what you used to do. Bit by bit (which is what I'm doing).. and you will get things in motion. It's important also to have a real sense of this being 'a new day'. You might not be able to relate to that slimmer photo of you.. but she's still you and who's to say you couldn't even look hotter.. fitter than that 'before' shot too? Of course you can.

I'd look back at my own journey so far) -I'd reflect on some months of 'hard slog' and go "Hmmm.. I struggled and suffered.. and I lost 1.5kg in an entire month.. what's that about??!". It could have meant down 1.7kg's one week and then up 600g another week.. but overall.. it started going down.

Once the first initial kilo's come off.. you will get inspired to make that a few more. You have to start somewhere. I hope this note finds you in that place.. but if not.. there's no reason why you can't start committing to something on that list you wrote. Even one thing.. which will then make it easier to commit to two things.. it has a snowball effect. Be careful not to overwhelm yourself either.

Anyway.. best wishes for 2009! :) And thanks for sharing your thoughts and photo's.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

I remember that first photo... you worked so hard to get to that stage....And you were so proud!
You can do it again... and we all know there is no easy way to do it..
Just keep bloggin/reading and doing what works for you!

Kek said...

Good to see that old fighter attitude resurfacing, Jadey.

PN is great, but make sure you take note of how your body responds. Some people do great on stock-standard PN, others need to really understand the personalisation section and tweak accordingly. I'm one of them.

It's not a low-carb plan, but it IS low-starch, and my body just burns up other carb sources like nobody's biz. Glycogen depletion is no fun and if you don't recognise it early, you invariably end up face-down in a pile of sugar. THEN you get all the bad feelings (guilt, failure and so on) bubbling up just for some extra fun.

So keep notes, and try to be intuitive. No lying to yourself about "needing" Mars Bars ;o) ...but if an extra serve of oats is really required, then go for it!

Give it a few weeks and see how you go. Email me if you're struggling and I'll try to help.

Em said...

Thats the way girl,
Focus on the good stuff and what works for you :)
Keep at it hun, every day we have to work on it I have just dusted myself off and gotten back on my feet and I know you can dod it too :)
Em:)