Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009

Wow I remember going out partying (disasterously mind you) at the turn of the Millenium. When we were all getting prepared for the Y2K bug that was going to tear through every electronic system on the planet. (Was anyone affected at ALL by that crap?)


Here we are now, looking at the last year of the "naughties"


Time has gone by SO quickly.


Last night I saw in 2009 with Jason and some friends at a traditional Aussie backyard BBQ. I probably should have used the Aeroguard cause I have the mozzie bites to prove it. We had an awesome time with Rob and Simmo. Lots of laughs, great food, drink and company. Just the way it should be.


Thanks so much for hosting us guys!


Christmas saw Jase and I head down to my parents place in Melbourne. We had the most relaxing time and really just enjoyed being able to sit and do almost nothing. I bought Jase a suprise Christmas gift with Mum and Dad and we presented him with a beautiful baby Rainbow Lorikeet. He has named her Ness and seems obsessed with her which is awesome.




She's 9 weeks old now and has been hand reared so she loves being around him and playing with him etc.


I got myself a new Magic Bullet which is probably one of the very best kitchen appliances I have ever owned. It does SO much. And so much more than I have ever thought it would do.


Jase also bought me a new car stereo so the frustrations I have had with my stereo not doing what it's told and the crackly speakers is now gone and I am in driving heaven with great music. It even connects to my iPhone for both music and bluetooth for calls.


Mum seems really happy with her new camera and Dad very happy with his Multifunction printer.


They bought me a solid gold bangle, it's absolutely beautiful! I am so spoilt.


My birthday has just been and gone on Monday and I cannot believe how old I am. I don't feel 28. I have decided to suspend my birthday though cause everyone is away and I wasn't organised so I am hoping to do something later on this month.


Today I am working on my New Years Resolutions. You may have noticed this blog has gone public and the domain http://www.jadeyonline.com/ now points right here.


I love the freshness of the white and green. Although I loved the natural earthy colours of my old blog it's a bit dark for this period in my life.


I hope you guys will come along with me as I do this all over again. I'm hoping I am even more successful this year than I was when reading my 2006 NY resolutions list. (Pretty darn successful year that was)


I hope you all have an amazing 2009. The bad will come but the good shall outweigh.

9 comments:

Cat said...

Happy New year Jadey, lots of lovely gifts you got and that bird is beautiful, such vivid colours! Best of luck, you can do it :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!! 2009 is going to be a great great year!! its our year to shine!!!

steph xx

Margaret said...

Happy New Year Jadey. xxx

Things change, the years pass, the body reflects the things we do, but your heart is always in the right place and your mind always strong. 2006 was a good year for many of us, and 2009 is going to be a FANTASTIC year. If we let it, if we make it..

Looking forward to catching up with you for that brekky... We will get to it :) *hugs*

Monnie said...

Was our pleasure having you guys around :) 2009 will bring lots more of those nights thats for sure :)

Tina said...

Happy New Year Jadey.

Had to laugh when you said you are old at 28. That's makes me a granny at 45 - LOL!!!

Sounds like life is treating you well. Look forward to lots of updates on this blog.

Chris H said...

Welcome back to the 'public' domain chick. Your parrot is totally gorgeous. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Tiffany said...

sorry for being a bit slow.. but what a lovely new blog ^^
gr8 to hear u had a good chrissy with your parents and relaxed!!!
i had no idea u worked so much! cripes!
your new sound system sounds awesome and Ness is absolutely gorgeous!
u dont look 28 at all.. ^^

Jules said...

I love the new look!! It is so fresh and it's how I want my year to be, fresh and natural.

You sound like you had an absolutely perfect Chrissie/NY.

Happy New Year beautiful

Doin the Math said...

What a beautiful bird! I have a sun conure...I thought he was pretty cute til I saw this little guy. :-)