Saturday, December 6, 2008

Initial Measurements

Initial Measurement
Monday November 24th, 2008

Initial Photos

(Not sharing just yet maybe when we have some afters to show too)

Initial Measurements (Derived from DEXA scan)
Body Weight = 277lbs (125.5kg)
Lean body Mass = 128lbs (58kg)
Fat Mass = 150lbs (68kg)
Body Fat % = 53.9%

Girths
Neck = 14.8in (37.5cm)
Shoulders = 46in (117cm)
Chest = 47in (120cm)
Left Arm = 14.8in (37.5cm)
Right Arm = 15in (38cm)
Waist = 50.6in (128.5cm)
Hips = 56.9in (144.5cm)
Left Thigh = 29.7in (75.5cm)
Right Thigh = 29.5in (75cm)
Left Calf = 18.5in (47cm)
Right Calf = 18.5in (47cm)


Profile of Mood States Score
Tension-Anxiety = 13
Depression - Dejection = 8
Vigor = 9
Fatigue = 19
Confusion - Bewilderment = 7


Progression Questions


Q1: Please describe your body as you see it at the beginning of this course.

I really hate my body. It fails me continuously. I am plagued by injury and pain. I am HUGE! Clothes never fit me properly. I'm always struggling with keeping buttons done up and clothes in the right places etc (my shirts ride up and my pants down) I don't fit into places most people do like theatre seats, planes seats, I even get squiched into toilets especially those with sanitary bins and I had the worst experience of being jammed between one of those and a wall at our Parramatta club last week. I promote and sell health and fitness and yet I am the worst example ever.


Q2: Please describe your nutrition and exercise habits as you see them at the beginning of this course.

What habits? I work extremely long hours and I never have me time. My food is whatever is handy and quick at the time. Generally I eat most of my food from the cafe next to work. I skip meals alot because I just don't even have time to pop next door and get it or eat it. And when I get home at night I am too tired to cook and really don't feel like eating anyway.

Exercise is virtually non existant although I am catching up with a girlfriend once or twice a week generally for a half hour swim (22 - 25 laps) and a spa. I bought myself some cycle shoes so I can get involved in spin classes again without my plantar facsiitus playing up but my ankles really kick up a stink and I can't move the next day. Plus I seem to be working from 8am to 8, 9 o 10 pm most days anyway so I never get a chance to train.


Q3: Please describe how you'd like to see your body at the end of this course.

I want to shrink! I want to be more comfortable in the clothes I own and with what I do and where I go. I'm praying that my body becomes more co operative and that after my surgery (one ankle in March ish but other one will still need doing) I am moving around more easily and with a lot less pain.

I want to be able to show people that I am acheiving my weightloss and health goals too. I want to be the product I sell and promote to others.


Q4: Please describe how you'd like to see your nutrition and exercise habits at the end of this course.

I'd really like this to become natural to me. To crave the right kind of foods to eat well without having to constantly fight with myself over it.

I'd like to train no matter what and be comfortable again training in the club. I'd like to be able to move a lot easier and enjoy the success' I used to when training in the past. I want that addiction that "I must train because that's what I most want to do" feeling back again like I used to.

Again I want to be a perfect example of what I promote and sell.

3 comments:

Pip said...

Jadey, just want to let you know I feel for you! Working long hours makes it even more challenging to stay focussed as it's easy to put our all into work!

I worked ridiculous hours, worked fast, no proper breaks cause of no time and did a great job I thought! I considered my staff did well too, - but last week I still got demoted from big bosses, - I think I wasn't bossy enough in TOTALLY pushing staff and being anal. However I know you are doing a great job at you're work! I'd been under immense work pressure these last few weeks and did allow the kilos to pile back for me, and fitness has dropped off!

The work life thingo is a real challenge hey!

All the best!!!

RaeC said...

Go girl!! Precision Nutrition is very similar to the way my Coach has me eating (if only he had thought of to write a course and book about it he would be rich by now... LOL!!). One thing that did stand out though in your questionnaire was the part where you said;

"Generally I eat most of my food from the cafe next to work."

If you eat there all the time, then how well do you know these people? If you know them well, then just approach them about making you something that is on-plan. If they cannot change the food around a lot, get one of the salads and ask them for the dressing on the side (that way you control how much goes on). If they do turkish bread meat & salad rolls or something, just ask for the filling without the rolls, etc. There are a lot of ways you can change things up, you just need to ask. Especially if you are a regular customer that spends a lot of money there. I know you feel foolish the first couple of times asking, but they will get to know you and after a while you get over the feeling of foolishness. I would rather feel foolish than sabotage my own goals in order to appear not.

Good luck honey, even though luck has nothing to do with it. I should be wishing you the energy to workout hard, the self-control to eat well, and the finding of enjoyment in the whole process... I'll be watchiiiiiiiing *insert scary music here... LOL!!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Hi Jadey... Just popped by to say I hope you had a merry Christmas with Jase..andthat you are doing ok... Sounds like you are totally miserable.. Please try to focus on some good things too though!
You have powered through this weightloss before and you know you CAN do it again.. Look forward to seeing you in a more positive frame of mind..And let the good losses follow! Hugs to you gorgeous girl..