Sunday, April 19, 2009

OOPS

Well I thought that since I was sitting on my arse doing nothing for weeks on end I would blog more but apparently this means you don't really have all that much to blog about.



I changed my pain meds again after being sick all day everyday. I have a great doctor thank goodness. But then I stuffed up my shoulder. Actually I stuffed up my shoulder at work somehow the week before the surgery but I thought all had come good. So the threat of shoulder surgery loomed for a little while until results on Friday showed it to be just soft tissue damage and with Physio and care it should come good.




My plaster cast also went soft - like material so my GP did some patch work and I have a 15kg plaster cast on now I reckon! The damn thing is so big. But it covered up all my pretty artwork :(

I got myself a little scooter to help me get around since I can't use crutches. And I found a way to buy one that was cheaper than renting one. (Yay) Plus I can sell it later to get money back. It's small enough that it breaks up to go in the boot of the car but big enough to carry me and go about 45km on a single charge. Perfect to get me out of the house, go shopping, have lunch etc.



Easter weekend I got to catch up with my boy which was awesome. I am missing him like crazy. Jason and Michael (another photography friend of ours) drove down from Sydney for the Easternats which is a yearly commitment for Jason and I. http://www.easternatsphotos.com/



They arrived on Thursday and since my Aunt was in town visiting my cousin for a short period I dragged them out to a family dinner. I was a little worried for poor Michael who had just met my entire family and now ewas being dragged out for more but I shouldn't have worried too much. My Aunt and cousin are always good for a laugh and Michael felt more than welcomed. We all learnt alot at that dinner too. I won't go there here though way too much information.



I thought I was going to have to fork out for councelling for Michael for awhile there but he had a ball.


Friday we started setting up our tent at Sandown and then had a BBQ lunch back at our house. Josh and his girlfriend came over and since it was Camilla's birthday Easter Sunday we organised a gorgeous gold heart charm. So gorgeous I want one too haha.


Saturday through to Monday night it was all business. Jason spent stupid hours awake printing out the preview folders for people to order their photos from and I felt terrible that I couldn't do anything to help.


I spent this year in the tent for a first and I am amazed at how busy they get and how tiring it is. Full respect to my parents for holding down the fort for the last 7 years. But next year I think we need a bigger tent.


Jase & Michael went home on Tuesday after shooting over 24,000 shots over the weekend. Insane! And they had to stop on the way out of town to do another photoshoot. Yeah they were tired when they got home you can guarantee that.




(Excuse the dodgy iPhone pic it's the only one I have with the ring on)


Hows this for silly? We all know about my up and down weight battles (Ok it went down once and then I have steadily brought it up again) But I always thought the day Jason put a ring on my finger it would be a magical, instant, successful change that would come about in me and I would get skinny.


Please tell me other people thought like this too?


Well I'm telling you right now there is no such Engagement Ring magic that comes along. None at all. I am doing nothing at all (not that I can between ankle and shoulder) and eating everything. Oh boy! Lucky I have two years to get my act together but I need the two years of hard work if I'm going to look like the bride I would like to look like.


I have however been spending a whole pile of time on various wedding forums, reading blogs, facebook and whetaver else. The couch and my laptop are my friends. I think I have some dates.


What do you think?


If we were to get married on a public holiday weekend would people travelling from interstate prefer the extra day off on Monday for touring / travelling etc OR prefer to spend less on Petrol / Flights which will no doubt be higher on a long weekend? (Accomodation shouldn't be more expensive cause it's not a long weekend in Sydney just in Victoria.)


Tomorrow I am visiting the surgeon so wish me luck!

BTW What is the deal with Bloggers formatting when it comes to pictures??? The paragraphs are always wrong and they never come out the way they are supposed to.

6 comments:

Ali said...

How artistic is your cast... or used to be! definitely don't see that everyday.. and I should know!

though a 15kg cast is hilarious, no wonder you need wheels to get around... though come on a Dr does have to have a wee bit of fun..

it's like when they plaster a potty mouth 10yr old so that they require their mother to wipe their bum for the duration of the cast!

I'd totally do that too!

shame the ring hasn't come with that inspiring energy to lose weight, maybe you need to take it back!?!

hope the shoulder's ok

Chris H said...

Love the cast artwork.
Love ya ring!
I almost never have any problems with photos and paragrahs on me blog! Weird that you do.

beetricks said...

That's it! Have so much to say about this I am just going to ring you! LOL!

Nola said...

Are you going to get one of those tall flags, a nice loud horn and a bumper sticker that says "Honk if you're horny:!!?? lol....maybe not:)
I like the artwork on the cast too...shame it got covered up. Maybe you should do some more on the new one!
The ring is gorgeous....just beautiful.

Cinders said...

I had no idea you were blogging again. Love the ring :)

Chris H said...

PEPSI is an eye opener eh? No one knows what goes on in a family really... mine is just a bit worse cos there's so many more kids to drive me nuts! I have been the best mum I can be.. ALWAYS... but as you said, some kids just have a nasty attitude eh?
On Diet Coke Rocks I try to be my 'happy self' most of the time! My kids would kill me if they thought I had yakked about 'family' shit! Shame they can't read PEPSI... *snigger*. I can talk about all that shit, and they can't stop me.