Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Hey all! It's been a fairly quiet weekend around these parts. We didn't do anything Friday night, I worked Saturday and Sunday Jase went out to the drags while I went out to the Dogs Day Out.

Jason basically spent all of Friday night cleaning out the study. SOO much clutter has seen the last of it's days in our house. I was so suprised and over them moon! The study is NEVER clean. His motivation is the fact that he wants one of the big trestle desks so he needs to clean up or it wont fit in the room!

We are in desperate need of a few good bookshelves though. I have books and the like all over the house. And a filing cabinet or two wouldn't go astray either. I really like the big white trestles too. Even though I am never in the study. I much prefer to be on the couch upstairs or in bed - either way with my lappy where it belongs (in my lap) in front of the telly watching whatever happens to be on at the same time.

We really need to work on decluttering the rest of the hosue as well. Oh ok forget that I live with an 81 year old woman. She loves her china dolls and little knick knacks. But we can get rid of a whole pile of other stuff anyway.

Saturday I was at work. I also had some spare time on my hands and so now I have discovered many iPhone applications. I now have a budget manager, iBowl, Audi A4 race car driving, Toilet Mate (I can see this being the most handy application ever!) and Near Me

Most were free, The budget manager cost me though. Not A cheao one but I'm hoping it will pay for itself.

Sunday morning I enjoyed a sleep in while Jase went to the drags. It was a hot one today. Storm and I eventually headed up to the local oval here (about 1km away) for Dogs Day Out. I wasn't impressed :( In years gone by they have had better stalls and more activities. I'm upset I missed Dogs Day By The Bay at Bayview. That's always a good doggy event.

The rest of today I have been sitting in front of the television catching up on stuff recorded on the IQ and doing my ironing. I got this great ironing "net" from magnamail (or something) so I can iron anything on the highest heat over printing, on more delicate clothes. It stops any shine as well! Makes life a bit easier.

Then tonight Jase and I went out for ice cream at royal copenhagen in the Manly Corso. We've been going to Cold Rock lately when we want ice cream but really with all the add in's I like etc Cold Rock is really VERY expensive. We got 2 icecreams from Royal Copehagen for what I would have paid for 1 at Cold Rock.

I shouldn't have had it at all since I am not losing weight (weigh in Saturday morning was 124.8kg) but hey it's much better to buy the occassional ice cream than buy a tub. A little of the good stuff.

I think I've been scaring people with my new hair but overall the response has been positive. I found my diary in the study clean up (been missing since I moved up from Melbourne) I'm so glad I have it cause now I can transfer birthdays etc to my electronic diary. (Not that I remember to send cards or call or anything)

Anyway I am going to watch a movie with my boy and he's refusing to start it until I get off the computer (He's foreign to this doing two things at once stuff like most men) So best I keep moving.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Ali said...

i have to ask...

what's a toilet mate... seriously!

and cold rock rocks... i was gutted when they closed the paramatta shop... it was our haven from uni, manly was just to far to get too!

Anonymous said...

yes, what is a toilet mate??????