Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Update

Hey guys!

Way overdue for an update here so here I am. I hope you liked the photo montage below. It was supposed to be my quick way of blogging but it ended up taking forever! I could haive written a post all about it instead.

Interestingly enough I posted some of the below photos on my facebook page as well and one of the readers here I have never met before (Hi Nicole) actually recognised someone from my photos. Seems we have had a mutual friend for years and not known a thing about it.

I have been trying to get everything under control food and exercise wise. I have improved but my weight is still in yoyo mode. My last recorded weigh in was 124.9kgs. I've been using some scales at work where you pay your $2 and it gives you a print out with everything like your height weight BMI and suggested BMI and Weight range.

That was last Monday and I haven't been able to weigh in this week because I think the machine has too much money in it. Obviously I'm not the only one using it.

It's really depressing because I know I've been really good with my food about 75 - 80% of the time. And my activity levels have increased. Not dramatically, but they have increased.

Oh well.

Other than that!

I had my team at work around for a BBQ on the weekend. Jase and I really cooked up big (I even had vegetarian food for one of my team members) I suprised myself with what I can actually cook and put together.

It was a great night with plenty of laughs and the guys are much more comfortable as a team now I think. The guys have been so happy to get together like this. Much more casual no worries about work etc.

I also scored some tickets from work to go and see Priscilla the Musical last Thursday night. It was the first show I had been to since a school excursion in year 8 to 42nd street. I want to go see more! It was funny, it sucked me in. It was so much fun! Jase and I went together so he got to meet a few of the guys from work which was cool.

I also scored some tickets to Burn After Reading but we had some dramas at home last minute and I couldn't go. I was so cut! I hope Jase wants to come to the movies and watch it with me.

Have had some teething issues with my new manager but they were expected. Not sure exactly what I should do to be honest. But I'm just going to keep on keeping on. I love everything else about where I am at the moment.

Now I don't know why I am still typing at 10:30 at night when I agreed to do a Spin class at 6am tomorrow morning. First spin class in about 2 years so I am going to HURT SO BAD in the morning.

I got myself some new cycle shoes to help overcome the feet issues I have. Not as badly as they could be. And I have to do something for exercise! So wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed for me. (Ali any tips for me on this one? I know you are quite the cyclist)

I'll post some photos when I can either a) find some on the net or b) take some haha

I like them cause they have funky patterns - I'm such a girlly girl sometimes.

Ok before I sign off. I want to say a special thanks and goodbye (in blogworld) to Beckie. This is one amazing woman. One of the most genuine, funny, talented, friendly, amazing people I have met through blogging. I cried real tears when I read that Beckie has had to stop blogging because it's time to commit firther to her real life.

Thanks for everything you have contributed to the blogging world Beck and to my life personally. I am certain that like others gone before you (Philippa for example) everytime I log on I will still look for your contributions and miss them terribly when they aren't around. I am so priveledged to be able to count you as a friend and confidante.

If you ever wanted to be a casual blogger like me I'd follow ya hahahaha.

11pm now - I'm off to bed. Night all!

3 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Wow... You looked gorgeous Jadey I lurv the dress.. hot hot hot...(wedding pics)...
I am glad you are enjoying Sydney... bummer about the manager issues... that will happen anywhere tho..
Sorry to read that you are still having probs with your feet!
Good to see you are still about... I just had a 4 day holiday in your old stoming grounds Melbytown... Mark and I had a ball.. I finally got to all the bike shops and also to KOKO BLACK!!! omg... iced chocolate was to die for!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Old stomping grounds that was supposed to read...

gir11y said...

6am Cycle! Yay to us Jadey! Lets just keep it up and we'll be well on our way to getting rid of those extra kegs!