Friday, October 24, 2008

Does Reading Blogs Make YOU Hungry?

I've started catching up on everyone's blogs. I'm fairly certain that bloglines hasn't been updating properly because after checking everyones blogs I keep logging on to find logs that are days or weeks old but haven't been on my list.
As I've been catching up on people's blogs I find I neeed chocolate. I neeeed bread. I NNNEEEEEEDDDDD whatever everyone is writing on their blogs about. Seriously! You tell me you enjoyed some chocolate and I want chocolate. You tell me you avoided chocolate and I want chocolate.
Arrgghhh This reading blog stuff could make me fat :P
ERRRrrrrr fatter.




Ah well. I have had the day off today because I am working over the weekend. Picked up my car from the Mechanic after forking out $1600 for all the oil leaks and hoses and timing belt and blah blah blah to be fixed.
Decided to go via the chinese in the foodcourt at Chatswood Chase to get some BBQ Pork Buns. And as I sit in the carpark my window gets stuck, DOWN! After almost bursting into tears in frustration and playing around with all the other windows I figured it was just mine that wasn't working. Then just as I'm about to give up it moves! Just a little and stops and wont go up or down. Argghhhh. Ok just keep trying it worked last time. Yay finally the window goes up.
Then as I'm about to buy my BBQ pork buns I hear a voice say "Jadey" and it's Simmo! So I sat and chatted with her for awhile. The people you run into!
So I got my Pork buns and I was headed for home and I stopped at the lights near Westfield to see 3 of the Membership Consultants who work for me. So as I was stopped we chatted and some plumes of smoke drifted past my car as Ash says to me "Jadey, what's the matter with your car???" Oh shit that belongs to me? I'm in trouble now.
So I called Jase who after some investigative work told me to go back to the garage. When I got there we thought we'd try a thicker oil incase it didn't like the thin oil we put through it. Nope. Doing the work on the car we just did caused a new problem with the valve stem seals. So now I have a smokey car and the only way to fix it is to rip the engine out again and replace. Oooohhh there goes another $1000+ up in smoke. Literally.
I'm going to leave it until after Christmas. Other than the smoke blowing it's not causing any further damage so the damn thing can wait. I don't like spending money on it anyway cause it's not MY type of car. It's not a sports car or a 4wd or a muscle car it's just an A to B car. *YAWN*
Ok so the only other discovery I have made recently is that my hair is not in a let dry naturally cut. Not at ALL! I can't pull it back into a ponytail and it doesn't dry so good. Even my GHD didn't know what to do with this mess. I'm still boofy!


Why do I persist in putting up embarressing photos of myself? Oh yeah cause I think it's funny :p
Night peeps! Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Ali said...

that's a new facebook profile pic for you right there...

stupid cars, a waste of money!

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Oh, car troubles are majorly stressful for me. Yuck! YOu seem to be handling this with good humor. :)

You should have seen MY hair this morning....makes you look glamorous! I'm wearing a bandanna now....

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Ha ha ha... Nothing wrong with the wild look... I know what you mean though..I have never had the wash n wear hairdo...
Need to shave it off for that I am thinking...

maria said...

Yeah, sigh. Visual and aural influences are something all foodies and people who like to eat, need to conquer. I was in a Weight Watchers meeting recently and someone started talking about fish in batter. Here I was, in a meeting, being motivated to track points, make right choices etc - but the mere mention of fish in batter and I had to find batter after the meeting. That spoke volumes about my 'issues'. If I'm ever to lose my excess weight and maintain it.. I need to be able to see food, read about it.. smell it and still control myself. That's why losing weight is so hard because food is everywhere you go and we must eat :-s It's true though... if you're feeling particularly vulnerable, then it's best to avoid things to do with food. For me, some days I can't watch cooking shows. Lately I'm posting more about Weight Watchers recipes I'm making up - all within my daily points allowance. The combination of cooking/blogging and still sticking to 'the plan' is sweet - but I do feel guilty often when people leave comments saying "Oh great, now I'm HUNGRY!" Needless to say, eating is ok, as long as it's balanced. However, approach any foodie blog at your own risk I guess ;)

Sorry to hear about your car! I think it's good that you post pics of yourself 'au naturale'.. It's 'real'.

Unknown said...

Grrrr to the car... ha ha to the hair! Love it!

Chris H said...

Bugger about the car! Tis sounding like a bloody lemon. Your hair is as bad as mine! My new GHD works fine though, thank god!