Friday, October 17, 2008

NEWBIES





I bought myself the new 3G iPhone. I never was going to buy one, because quite seriously they don't file share via bluetooth, they don't MMS and they are rather chunky!

BUT I am honestly in LOVE with this phone. It does everything! It carries my whole LIFE and syncs seemlessly with my laptop. I have a diary, my music, my to do list, a notepad, email, internet, weather, photos, sms conversations and even phone calls!

It does fit comfortably in my pocket and it's not as chunky and annoying as it seems!


I heart my iPhone!



"before"

"after"





I got my hair done this afternoon. I have gone from a blonde colour with BAD roots to a gorgeous DARK brown with red undertones. I absolutely adore it but it's a huge change all at once. I don't know that Jase is all too keen on it just yet but he reacts the same way everytime I change my hair.
With the cut and colour it took 4 hours to do my hair today. Nice and quick (in comparison to a going blonde anyway hahaha)




These are my new cycle shoes. As most of you know I have to have surgery on both my ankles but I also have plantaar fasceitus (sp?) in both feet as well. This meant that getting on a spin bike was extremely painful for me as the lower tendon in my foot would pull tightly and I would end up with pins and needles through my foot and severe pain for a LONG time afterwards.
So the theory (which has seemed to work) is that although nothing is going to stop my ankles hurting while doing this at least I can help my feet a little bit and get back into some cardio. The soles of the cycle shoes are actually solid you see. You can't walk around in them. The solid sole stops the arch of my foot from stretching and therefor helps with the pain. Oh my how I have missed doing classes. They are so much more fun than training on your own. (I am the girl that was too scared to do a class in the past so typing this is so funny!)
So far Loz and I have gotten together on Wednesday morning at the very unGodly hour of 6am to do a cycle class. The instructor was lovely but I had picked this particular class for it's instructor and this week we had a fill in! Oh well she was great anyway. She will be teaching this wednesdays class as well because Sharon (desired instructor) is in Bali. Hurumph to all these people going on Holidays. When do I get to go?? I loved the class anyway but those of you that have ever done them before knows that now a couple of days later OMG I am so sore!
It's all worth it when you burn 1211cal in 45 minutes though :P
I went over to Nick and Carissa's last night to drop something off for them. (Those of you that know Carissa should know they moved in together a few weeks ago and everything is bliss except their creepy neighbour) As I was sitting on the couch I moved the position of my legs and something in both knee and ankle on the left hand side protested loudly. I have been off my feet and crying since. It really bloody hurts! I am stuck upstairs because going up and down is KILLING me so I had my lovely boy bring dinner up for me and now since I am not moving anywhere I funnily enough find more time to blog.
I have had today off work (RDO not a sickie) and I'm working tomorrow so hopefully my crutches can stay in the boot cause I haven't pulled them out since I have been back in Sydney.
So anyway this is whats been happening in my life. I am catching up on your blogs. I am waaaayyy behind with many of you. I am trying to comment though. Although most of the time any comment is useless and out of date by now.
Love to All!

10 comments:

Ali said...

You really have rotten luck with your ankles and feet. have you thought of just chopping them off!

love the sexy new hair, definitely different, I know when I went from Blondish to dark brown, I°d always get a jolt of surprise when I looked in the mirror for awhile!

anyways hopefully your legs start behaving and that you enjoyed your day off relaxing )even if it was because it was too painful to move...=

maria said...

The new look is great, same as your phone and cycling shoes :)

Andrea said...

OOoh, hope you feel better soon! I hate orthopedic injuries - they can really get you down.

Your hair looks awesome! So sassy!

Amy said...

Your hair looks great! I'm hesitant about the iPhone because of the bluetooth/MMS thing... but the shiny!!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Love the new hairdo!!!
I would be going off my head by now if I was trying to deal with your ankle and foot issues... Ikk
... Take care...

Kate @ Loving Life said...

New phone, shoes AND hair?! Looks like you're having fun. The hair looks great btw!

Glad things seem to be working out so well in Sydney (apart from your feet of course, poor thing)!

Kx

cranky said...

I too am having ankle issues at the mo...it is not fun. :(

Monnie said...

plantar fasciitis is a killer hey ive been living with it for about 5 or so years now....the joys of flat feet

good to see you blogging again...im actually half way through updating myself can you believe it

Anonymous said...

New hair looks amazing!

Sorry to hear you've been having more feet/ankle issues. Thought the new shoes were a good thing.

KJ Photography said...

Pretty hair! :)

And love the shoes - very funky.

As for the plantar fasciitis, get a golf ball or tennis ball and run the arch of your foot over it repeteadly (when you're at your desk, watching TV, etc) with a bit of downward pressure on it. It hurts, but it's like myo-fascial release massage that physios do, and it helps.

(Sorry, the PT in me couldn't help but give advice!!)