Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Rant about Nails

There are no decent salons in the Sydney area. Or at least none near me. It's starting to really peeve me. take a look at these

Honestly they are terrible! Wide. Arches and C Curves, Flat and lifting. So bad in fact my pointer and middle finger had the acrylic totally replaced last week and the acrylic on my ring finger decided to pop off this evening. Thank the LORD I still had my nail underneath and I can paint a decent french nail.
I got so peeved I started talk to Jason about buying/setting up a salon. Someone else can run the damn thing but I want decent services! And I figure if they are provided to others it has to make money. (Hey Monnie wanna run a salon for me? LMAO)
Ah it's never going to happen but it's always nice to dream. Hey it might happen one day. I can't work for the man for the rest of my life and I'd like to own my own business. ATM the 2 wants are an amazing salon or a McDonalds. Yesssss!!! I know, I know! I am defiintely brilliant.
Don't think for one second that Tupperware will take a back seat! No way. I have too much fun with it to ever give it up.
Now I need to find a freaking decent nail tech. Arghh!

7 comments:

Ali said...

you totally did go rant about your nails!!! :O)

My Cuz goes to a great one in North Rocks.. But I think that'd be a bit too far out of the way for you..

I am Slimming aka Megan said...

I've never had my nails done by someone else but I love to have a pedicure. I hope you find a decent salon soon. It's good to hear that your enjoying Tupperware so much, that reminds me have you sent me your details so I can pay for my goodies?

Anonymous said...

I have similar issues !! or they look good when they have ripped them all off and started again which is simply way to painful!!! i also hate when you have more white than pink! that shits me to tears!!!

Anonymous said...

haha, grow your own nails?

I remember having the same dilemma when I moved to Sydney. I found a few decent places, but they all eventually go to sh*t in the end...

Have you searched on the Vogue forum??

Kristy

The Candid Bandit said...

Build it in Melbourne and I'd consider running it for you. :) (Nail Tech since 1998)

You're right, they are shit nails.

There is only one tech I'd consider having my nails done by here in Bendigo ut for now, I still do my own when I feel like it.

Remember - they are your nails - go back and tell them you aren't happy with them. Tell them you never have nails lift and perhaps she should look at her product (sun affects product).

Mrs Magoo said...

I think that there is a huge call for not just decent but great nail service. I am disgusted to say that I have had two nail infections from two separate nail salons. One of which I had on my wedding day :o( So its not just in your area! Definately a nation wide issue, you could start a franchise!

Jadey said...

Steph - NEVER EVER let anyone rip your nails off. They should always be soaked. That rings so many alarm bells for me.

Spud - Yeah I have thought about it but franchising would probably mean a loss of quality

Bec - You are on! If I open one in Melbourne you will be the lady I call.