Thursday, June 11, 2009

38 / 84


I haven't blogged properly for awhile and I apologise about that. I have been trying to get my life back together in my house in Sydney. It's not easy to have a life in two different places and only others that have left family in other states or countries would understand what I mean. I am so close to my parents that it kills me to not be near them.


So I arrived home nearly a couple of weeks ago now. I made it up and down the stairs (with my crutches) I did think that I would be sleeping on the blow up bed in the lounge room for awhile there.


I hadn't mentioned on my blog that there was some MAJOR nastiness here before I left between the Mother in Law and I. Enough that Jason was very horrified and stopped speaking to her for quite some time. I was NOT looking forward to returning to the scene of the crime so to speak. While I will never forget what was said, (It was a totally one sided attack against me the day after the proposal I overheard her speaking to someone else) I was happy to completely ignore her if she would ignore me.


She is apparently very upset about what she said and has ignored it completely and been really rather nice to me. I forgive, but won't forget and I have been really nice in return. Ah wells. The life huh!


We have a TV room upstairs which tends to be my domain and I leave the TV in the living room to the MIL's viewing (It's almost permanently fixed to the Lifestyle Food channel). The TV upstairs also has the foxtel IQ since I only seem to watch shows that collide with each other and I only like to watch them once they are recorded. (yes I am a fussy bitch LOL)


Well of course I blew up the TV didn't I! I was only in there for a day or two! :( We've known it's been going for a little while because the picture tube would scream if it had been on awhile. I thought when it did blow simple! I would re do the room and get a big flat screen in there. The reality is when you haven't worked for 4 months the flat screen is not an attainable item. (Bugger)


I have RGB cables running from there to my TV in the bedroom and I'm going backwards and forwards to set my recordings, change channel, watch recordings etc. I think it's great exercise LOL.


Talking about exercise the weight has been coming off. It's no speedy process that's for sure but it is dropping. I'm now 8kg down overall and 6kg down since the start of the challenge 38 days ago.


I would love to take Storm for walks now that I am home but I have no chance of doing so. I worry because she no longer has the full on contact she used to at Mum's and Dad's. There she lives inside 100% of the time and is smothered by Trigger (my brothers dog) for attention and playtime. Here she isn't allowed to step a foot in the door and I can't play much with her. Nothing super active anyway. I tend to sit on the retaining wall and cuddle and pat her. But it's never enough.


I would love to have a scooter again so I can go around the block with her. She has lost weight too and I worry about her putting weight back on. She needs to get a little more off if anything.


I am busily planning my Tupperware announcement party which is on Saturday. If you are in Sydney and would like to come please let me know and I'll give you the details. I would LOVE your support. If you can't make it I can mail a catalogue to anywhere. There are some awesome deals on this month. OR you could host a party and pick up HEAPS of FREE Tupperware. What more could a girl ask for??


Actually I would LOVE it if anyone could host a party for me. I have to do 6 parties to help me get on my feet and also to pay for my kit. I expect once those are done I should be able to start getting out there on my own but the start is always nerve wracking and I would SOOO love to do it with friends than start demonstrating at a strangers house.


I am hopefully heading back to work next week! I have gotten my doctor to write a report for work so I can get back without causing myself any damage. But work has so far said they think that it's going to be tricky. ARGGHHH. I do hope that they let me come back. Not only do I need the cash I need to work again! I need to get my life back on track. Although I plan for it to have a few changes.


I haven't had the opportunity to go wedding "shopping" yet. The first plan is to find a place to hold our engagement party. So I might start getting onto that in the next few days. Apparently the hotel around the corner from us has just been rebuilt - Jason and his Mum were the licensee's there many many moons ago. I'll check that out. In the 8 years I have lived here we have never even gone there for a drink or a counter meal or anything. I think that's weird! I also think I might check out the local RSL's and there's a workers club or something around too. Normally places like that are good for cheap food and drink and room hire etc.


Life has been abnormally busy since coming home. I am normally the girl you can find on the couch at home most nights and at work during the days (and most nights LOL) But it's been great since I got back. I'm hardly ever here. And I'm hardly ever alone. I'm not generally a person that likes being alone.


Last weekend I went the big chop! I had shoulder length hair and last time I coloured it I loved the colour. So I kept the colour (well re coloured it the same) And tried to go for the Posh Bob or Pob. I can't do the back quite the same because I have ridiculously thick hair and I was sooo nervous when she was chopping away at it but I love it! I love the way it frames my face. I love the colour and I love that I can now wash and dry and straighten it myself. Not as well as the hairdresser did but still I can do it! I have never been able to do my own hair. It's a nightmare.


I do want to chemically straighten my hair though. However it's damn expensive so that is on the rewards list.


After we (Loz came with me and had her hair done too) left the hairdresser we headed off to see Pinks opening Sydney show. I have never ever been to a concert before. I have a MAJOR fear of crowds so I made it to the ripe old age of 28 before gaining the courage to go to a concert and I am SOOO glad I did. Lozza bought me the ticket for my birthday. We got in early so I could get in on the crutches without too much fuss. We had seats - not just any seats but the BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE!


Faker was below average. I was soooo bored. Everyone around us was saying "ok great finish now" after every song.


When they did get off stage the crowds danced more to the recorded music than to Faker. That's a sad state of affairs.


By the time she started I was screaming (like so many others) I thought I had busted my vocal cords I screamed so loud! My hands were red from all the clapping. What a show! Honestly you hear so many stories about how good this woman is as an entertainer and nothing will do her justice. I would love to go again and again and even without money my heart skipped a beat when I heard she'd released 2 more shows. The costumes. The singing. The dancing. The acrobatics! OH MY OH MY. No words.


BUY TICKETS PEOPLE! GO SEE PINK IN CONCERT!!!! You will not regret it ever.


Sunday night we had a small dinner party type thing with some of my closest friends. Loz and her hubby Jon, Simmo and her hubby Rob and Carissa and her fiance Nick. We decided on a Mexican theme and everyone bought a dish (or two or 3!) The margaritas flowed. The food was awesome and most of all the friendship we all share makes for an awesome night.


My friends are sooo important to me and I am grateful to every single one of them. I have never had heaps of friends but the ones I do have I love with all my heart.


Tomorrow I am lucky enough to be catching up with some more of them at the Sydney blogger dinner. (Did we miss anyone? Drop me a line for the details) And there's a few people who will be there that I haven't met before too so a chance to make new friends as well.


Sunday I am going to try and do a run through of a bridal expo at Luna Park before another girlfriends baby shower. I am so excited because I love the idea of the harbour and the lights etc. I'm not sure if it's doable or not but they have never had a wedding expo there before so I don't want to miss it. Esp if it turns out to be "the place" you know.


Now my girlfriend having the baby shower. She hasn't found out the sex of the baby. But she has asked that we bring our favourite childhood book and I would love your feedback! Is Black Beauty a unisex book? My favourite book as a child was black beauty's family. It detailed their lives. Was about 600 pages but I still treasure that book and it's a hardcover so if I find it I was thinking that's the one. But then I keep thinking it may be girlly. I dunno. I am so excited for her. She is 30 weeks now and such an amazing girl. I'm sooo clucky! LOL


After that if I get back in time I will run through the northern beaches wedding expo. Their once a year thing is on this Sunday too! And since it will have all the local suppliers (I'll be getting married on the northern beaches) I really need to check all that out too.


Then maybe after that I will finally get to drag Jason out to the movies. I have la premiere tickets that Carissa and Nick gave me for my birthday we still haven't used and I want to go see The Hangover, it looks funny!


Full day huh!


Anyway I have babbled on enough. The weigh in and goals were set on Monday by the way. Wish me luck!



THIS WEEKS WEIGH IN


STARTING WEIGHT:~ 126.9 kg

THIS WEEKS WEIGHT:~ 118.9 kg

THIS WEEKS LOSS:~ 1.8 kg

TOTAL LOSS:~ 8 kg / 6.3%



THIS WEEKS GOALS


FOOD 1:~ Continue to cook healthy meals

FOOD 2:~ Ensure smaller portion sizes are consumed


EXERCISE 1:~ Continue to move a little everyday

EXERCISE 2:~ Get myself to the Physio


OTHER 1:~ Clean out pantry and fridge

OTHER 2:~ Sort Cupboards

OTHER 3:~ Finish unpacking

OTHER 4:~ Mail out some catalogues to those that want them

7 comments:

Chris H said...

You look GORGEOUS!
Bummer about the MIL.
Sad about Storm being locked out.
I love Tupperware, used to sell it too... sorry .. can't come or do a party for you. I would if I was in Sydney for sure.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jadey....
Your pic is so familiar... did you used to have a different weight loss blog (I did too) or maybe the Living in the Suburbs forum?

Anonymous said...

Yep just tracked down my old blog (could barely remember what I called it!) and found you - you used to be taintz!!! hehe

Pip said...

Nice new hairdo Jadey! It looks really good! Congrats on the steady weight loss to date! Tupperware, - sounds great! You will do well with that business I think. Pink, - I should have been 'on the case', - would have loved to have seen the concert when in Perth. Sorry to hear about the run in with MIL. Keep up the good work and hope the healing goes well!

Kate @ Loving Life said...

Jadey... I know jase is based in sydney, but can you guys really not live in melb? His mum sounds really trying. Couldn't he get work here? Probably not that simple I'm sure. Just feel bad with you having to deal with all that nonsense (and poor storm too!)!

Your hair looks great, as I've mentioned! I really need a cut too. I hope the party went well yesterday, K x

Chantel said...

Hi Jadey,

I know exactly how you feel about your family - mine are up the coast (near coffs harbour) - 500kms away. There is nothing like just having dinner with them is there?

Hope your first party went well. You're doing awesome with the weight loss!
x

Anonymous said...

Your hair look fantastic x