Friday, October 30, 2009

I've finally done it


I'm booked in for a small "procedure" to have this nasty little son of a bitch removed from my arm. It's something I have wanted to do for over 12 months and I have wussed out everytime. I am not posting the removal photos here until AFTER I get it out because I already made the mistake of googling that once before and I do not need more to freak me out. I am already crapping my pants enough.
It's come time now that the damn thing has expired. And it's causing havok! I'm not sure if it's responsible for the weight status at the moment but it's sure as hell responsible for the fact that Aunt Flo has come and gone a bagillion times in the last 6 or so weeks.
I'm NOT looking forward to the return of monthly visits. I generally end up sick for days beforehand, & during, vomitting and SEVERE cramps that have put me in hospital before. However I'm not interested in putting contrceptive rubbish in my body anymore either. This may change after my first "real" un implanon supported visit but for now this is my stance.
I started putting weight on when I had the implanon inserted. And it's been a hard slog to get it off. PLUS I'm not going through the removal nastiness and freakouts again.
Let's see if I make it to my appointment on Tuesday night. Are there any bets?

5 comments:

Ali said...

Suck it up princess! ;o)

It's easy as to have taken out.

A bit of local, some poking and proding, and there you have it, hormones back to reality!

It shouldn't even leave much of a scar either, just a huge bruise (but it's pretty and purple!)

Hope you survive your first period off it though.
I've thankfully never experienced anything like that.

Have you tried the injections?

If you wimp out, I'll come hold your hand next time ok, and flirt with the Dr (I seem to be getting way to good at that lately!)

ReeB73 said...

I had mine taken out last year as it was the worst thing in the world

Random periods whenever they felt like visiting.......totally out of whack.

I would NOT recommend it to anyone.

I worked out I had more 'bleeding" with the damn thing in than without!!

It didn't hurt, just a little sore after the local wore off. No scar either. You will be right:)

Pip said...

Hi Jadey!

Good luck with the implanon! I myself used to be on the combined pill but I got reactions to that, - swollen ankles and joints, big red lumps all over lower limbs and quite often a sick type of feel. My doc called it something like eryathema nodosum so I stopped the pill and symptoms went away. Am now on mini pill without the oestrogen and that is fine, - just got to take it spot on the right time daily. Implanon has no
oestrogen and I've considered it many a time but have heard too many horror stories and wiss out!

Great job on keeping the weight off that you have lost recently by the way, - even with the hard slog! I am sure you will keep moving forward greatly in that area, - may be easier with that rod out!!!

Pip :-)

Chantel said...

Hi Jadey. I'm up to my thrid implanon now and had one removed and re-inserted about a month and a half ago. Are you going to just a local GP or a family planning clinic? The only reason I ask, is that family planning do the removals and insertions all day every day and will really look after you. I absolutely freak out for weeks also so I know how you feel. It really does feel like a big deal but afterwards each time I've really felt so releaved that it's all over and it's really not that bad!

I had a small incident with mine this time though - have a read
http://creative--hands.blogspot.com/2009/09/past-few-days.html

Good luck mate, you will feel much better when it's all over and done with. And you'll be doing something good for YOU by getting it taken care of so please make sure you still go to your appointment

*hugs*

Chris H said...

I am sure you will be fine mate.. and once it's out you can stop stressing.