Saturday, July 4, 2009

Good Food and Wine 61/84

First up I have to thank you all so much for your blog comments below. It means so much to have you all with me on this journey and I have been so lucky to have so many internet buddies in my life. In fact the people I am closest to including my fiance, maid of honour, bridesmaids the lot were all met online. And that is why you are so important to me.


Today Loz and I headed off to the Good Food and Wine Show. I stumbled across this last year and was mightily impressed with what was on offer. So much so I decided it simply HAD to be an annual pilgramage. Me and my Nanna trolley. (Totally stolen picture) which is an absolute essential. Along with leaving your handbag at home, bringing a big back pack and the essentials only haha.
I should have known what kind of day it was going to turn out to be when the first stand we decided to visit was the Absinthe one. 3 shots down, feeling a little tipsy (no breakfast) And we moved onto the Finlandia vodka stand. 5 or 6 shots of that and the party had definitely started. It was only 9:30am. (oops)
It was rough going getting around the expo. I'm no where near recovered and I think I bit off wayyy more than I can chew. But it was still an awesome day. I even found 2 wines I like! I have never liked any wines. Both Brown Brothers - Sienna and Zibbo. YUMMY
There was even a huge Tupperware stall that my team happened to be manning as we went past so I got to say hi to them. I am looking forward to being able to join them on one of these days. They looked to be having fun :)
Heaps of cheeses and yummy bits and pieces. I came home with chocolates, cheese twists, chai tea and I should have purchased more cheeses. But I came home with a massive haul of alcoholic products. Especially for someone who doesn't generally drink. Oops. See below. ALL bought at the expo and there are some bottles behind others etc.

When we had finished making our way through the expo I called Jase to come and pick us up. I am so glad he was driving because constructing a sentence was hard. No way could I drive. Neither could Loz although she was holding on better than me.
While we waited Loz and I jumped on the Ferris Wheel which has been set up in Darling Harbour, I have been looking at this thing from the road when I pick Jason up from work wondering exactly where it was etc and wanting a ride for a month.
Unfortunately the sun was in the wrong position for photos of the harbour. But I did capture this one of the chinese gardens. An awesome place to visit if ever you are in Sydney.

And this one of Lozza and I. It always makes for a great outing! I highly recommend getting along if you aren't doing anything tomorrow. And pay the $25 for a trolley when you walk in the door. Trust me!


All in all it was an awesome day. I don't think the scales will be happy with me in the morning but my tastebuds sure have been. Hopefully any damage doesn't show up on Monday's weigh in cause I am tracking well at this stage.
Now haven't we had GORGEOUS weather in Sydney this week! Today was cool in the wind and the wind was a bit strong yesterday but the sun has been gorgeous. Not too hot nor too cold.
I was teasing my Mum yesterday. As I was sitting in the car waiting to pick Jason up from work I took a photo of the outside temperature display which was reading 23°C and emailed it to her. I don't think she was happy. Melbourne has had miserable weather.


Oh and you may have noticed I boosted the 101 list as I have ticked off a whole pile of stuff in the last month or so. So I thought I should set myself monthly targets to acheive certain 101 goals or it woud never happen. Last month I finally tried a Custard Apple. I'm not sure this one wasn't starting to turn (see the darker areas) But I ate some of the good bits and it was beautiful! It really tastes like custard.



So this month I am going to try and tick off

36. Buy a Short Wheel Based Pajero - in progress hopefully I'll pick it up early next week.
82. Have a Full Body Massage - I have a voucher the guys at work gave me for my birthday yeah in December (Oops) And I really really need one now.
89. Consolidate my super - Its all over the place and my main one isn't an industry fund so it's charging huge fees. Time to move on.
90. Get Income Protection Insurance - My operation has showed me how important this is. It can be a part of my super so that's how I am going to try and structure it
93. Complete a 12 week WAS Challenge - I have been doing well this challenge and as you can see above there are 23 days to go in this one :)
96. Get my Tupperware business off the ground - I would consider paying off my kit, being confident with my parties, introducing some others to the business and getting some prizes at sessions off the ground.
100. Organize the catch ups with friends I have been meaning to for ages - I have caught up with many people I have meant to but I am finally catching up with B and a couple of other people. When that happens I'll consider this successful.
Does anyone have ideas for 101's that become redundant? Like I have tinting my windows on the list but now I am buying this other car it already has tinted windows. Do I replace it with something else or ignore it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds Like alot of fun! I cant beleive you started with absinthe LOL Did they do the whole, heat the sugar with the spoon thing? mmm absinthe lol
hope it doesnt show up on the scales, but hey, For a once a year thing, you have to be able to enjoy yourself! :o)

THE DASH! said...

Hey Jadey,

Ok finally figured out this blog of yours, this one is the latest postings (I'm not much blond, huh! lol) I will sit and have a read when I get the chance and catch up on all your posts - and thanks for commenting on my blog. Really cool to meet you - you seem like a great girl x

THE DASH! said...

Ps Me again :) soz. Can't figure out how to follow your blog so will have to bookmark you.. hmm, might need to look around a bit more. Is there a follow this blog button somewhere I'm missing? lol. Seeya

Nola said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic day...I am impressed with your purchases!!
I have never tried a custard apple myself....on your say so I will get one and try it!! :)

Chris H said...

OOOO that Nanna trolley is so cool!
YOu obviously had a blast on your outing... love it!
Ferris wheels are kinda fun... lovely photos!
Hope the weigh in goes just fine.