Friday, September 19, 2008

Wow

Ok So I am very very FAT and so obviously not with a ph.

I had to weigh in for the start of this challenge and I was mortified to find 122.3kg staring back at me. But not as mortified as my second weigh in which showed 123.7kgs staring back at me. This is definitely the WRONG direction.

I'm not eating all that badly - Remember now I'm in Sydney the Mother in Law cooks and it's all packaged and or fried. It seems healthy like meat and 3 veg or similar. But it never is. I'm glad I went private at this stage because Jason would be most upset reading this. I don't think he understands how important this is to me.

I don't have the cash for lite n easy anymore so I need to gently re educate her when it comes to food. I am so grateful to come home to a meal as I work such LONG hours but it just needs to be healthier or I'm going to be the size of a house. OK I already am. But I'll just continue to get bigger unless something changes.

Anyway other than that, things at work have had a bit of a shake up with one staff member leaving (relief to me) But I was already looking to hire one more so that just made it 2 more needed. I have one newbie now who happens to have links to Jase. He seems great though so far. enthusiastic and willing to work hard.

Now I need another somebody. I'm sure the right person will come along eventually. Would be nice to hire someone by Wednesday though so they can both start at the same time. Would make training so much easier if they were both at the same level too.

I'm also about to get a new club manager (ie the person I learn from and look to for my next step) It's a woman who is FF through and through as well. Come up through the same old fashioned training as me so we should think along the same lines. My only issue is that I have seen a few club managers and acgm's working together female and female and it can be a volatile situation.

Women are just catty sometimes. That's just a fact of life.

Let's keep fingers crossed it's not like that for me. I have loved working with Ed. He has been so fantastic for me and the team. He has strong belief in what I do within the team and I am getting some great results.

The only other thing I am really doing at the moment is looking for a home for my Mum and Dad up here. Not too far away. Something for the over 55's like a townhouse but not in a retirement village.

There's a few things for sale at the moment but all hideously expensive. It's not easy to move from anywhere else in Australia to Sydney. The property prices are just so much more expensive.

The spring weather has been fantastic though! I'm really enjoying the warm and sunny days. There's been a couple of gorgeous spring storms. But overall it's been really lovely.

Anyway today is my rdo so I am going to try and get a few things done like washing ironing etc while I have the chance so best I get off this damn computer and make a start on it.

7 comments:

Cat said...

Nice to 'see you' Jadey, bills really do suck don't they. I wish you all the luck in getting around your moinlaws cooking habits to help with your weight loss. If it's important to you then you'll definitely figure something out. Take care you xo

KJ Photography said...

Thanks for the heads up Jadey, but things are looking up a little around here - my PTM is mentioning that a 2IC or PTM role might be coming up in the area, which would mean free rent / low rent and a salary, which would rock, in addition to the new part time job I already got.

Glad to hear you're going well work wise! Women can be bitchy - our cgm isn't as fun or talkative as our old cgm (who got sent ot Randwick to fix them!) and we've got a new girl trainer who appears to be either a)slightly stupid or b)doesn't give a crap about what the other trainers think of her.

RE: Your Mum & Dad... you're on the north side of the city, aren't you? My boyfriend's Mum & partner live on the central coast, about 30-40min from Hornsby, so if they don't mind a BIT of a drive, there's an option. They're reasonably cheap those cute little cabins in over 55 places up there too. :) Just a thought!!

Anonymous said...

I so need to get back into it all i would be up around if not overf 110 i need to start walking and drinking watrer i have given up my worse habit of diet coke!!!

time to get on with it all!! hope the mother in law comes to the party!!
steph

Chris H said...

Good luck re-educating your MIL how to cook! She is probably set in her ways by now... maybe you need to try and have your 'main meal' at work at midday and then just have a snack for dinner and bypass her meals altogether? Or just have tiny tiny portions of her cooking? good luck for your next weigh in babe.

Pip said...

Wow Jadey, you sound very busy, thoughtful and as always so caring of everyone!!!

Regarding the inlaws you may need to politely get tough. By explaining you're objective to get fitter and you're need to focus on the type of food and portions you need to eat to do that. Maybe consider offering to buy you're own food and prepare you're own meals seperately and organise a time to use the kitchen which doesn't interfere with them, plus a shelf in the fridge, pantry freezer to do this. Then sometimes offer them what you are making.

Explain it as nicely as poss, it's not to upset them but it's part of you're quest to achieve you're goals. If inlaws/BF seem very upset or very unsupportive cause of this I would be re-thinking the living situation I think.

You can do it! I know it!

Pip

Kek said...

Re the food - you're not likely to re-educate your MIL at this point. Believe me, I have the same problem, but I don't have to live with mine. Thank goodness.

I agree with Chris's suggestion of downsizing your portions, and I'd be inclined to buy some extra veg to fill your plate with. Give whatever reason you like (mumble something about digestive issues anhd fibre...people usually don't like to ask questions. LOL), but get those veggies into you.

Family can be the toughest challenge when it comes to eating well. It's taken me a while to train my husband, who loves to cook for me....

maria said...

Kek said it so well.. can I just say "what she said"! ? Don't mean to be lazy there...

I like your new look blog and have noticed some nice photo's of a wedding where you look lovely.