Friday, December 18, 2009

Fuel Rant

Do NOT Miss the fuel cycle.

 

I don't know about you but over the years I have always filled up on the cheapest day. If the car was ¾ full or not when the drop in the fuel cycle arrived my car was getting filled to the brim. Over the last couple of months the cycle has changed.

 

Previously the Sydney cycle ran with a drop in prices on Tuesdays and so Tuesday you would find me filling up. Then quite quickly it went through to Wednesday and then Thursday.

 

I have no problem with the change in cycle days but I do wish I'd remembered what day of the week it was yesterday before it was too late. Because by 10pm my fuel light was on and the prices had jumped 20c per litre from that morning. Ridiculous really when you think about it. Oil companies do not have such huge waves in their pricing. But they control the world so they get to do as the please.

 

I waited to fill up this morning and that damn 20c price rise cost me an extra $11.20 in fuel.

 

Bugger!

1 comment:

Shaggs said...

Why didnt you just get enough to last you until the next cheap day? Dont fill all the way up and save yourself a good $5 or $6??? Another great trick we have discovered is buying premium petrol. Sounds ridiculous but the better fuel lasts alot longer and gives your car more power thus needing less fuel and so it, once again, lasts alot longer. Give it a try and you'll be surprised!